Publisher: Hatherleigh Press
by Samantha Bowick (Author), David Brandli (Foreword)
THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ON TREATING KIDNEY STONES
Living with Kidney Stones is a health resource for anyone who has ever suffered with the pain of kidney stones.
One in 10 individuals will suffer from kidney stones at some point in their life. Composed of hard, painful mineral deposits forming inside the kidneys, these stones are both crippling and potentially chronic. Thankfully, patients can take action to reduce their chances of developing or redeveloping kidney stones by following a good diet, observing proper self-care, and adopting a comprehensive wellness plan.
To that end, Living with Kidney Stones offers the most up-to-date information on this illness, paired with heartfelt insight from an actual kidney stone sufferer.
Living with Kidney Stones also includes:
• Easy-to-understand information on types and causes of kidney stones
• The latest information on kidney stone testing
• Traditional and alternative options for a broad, full-body approach to wellness
• Guidance on self-care techniques for patients, families and caregivers
• Valuable medical and community resources for kidney stone sufferers
Learning to manage your risk factors for kidney stones can seem overwhelming, but by taking everything one day at a time and making sure you’re provided with the care and support you need, you can minimize your risk while maximizing your quality of life. Don’t just live with kidney stones—live well.