Publisher: LWW, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
by John D. Carroll (Author), John G. Webb (Author)
Structural heart disease (SHD) is a significant source of morbidity and mortality. Therapeutic interventions for these disorders have evolved from a small number of procedures to an impressive array of new approaches to diseases that have been traditionally managed by surgery and medical therapy.
Structural Heart Disease Interventions collects and refines the latest advances in the discipline—from established to emerging tools and techniques—providing clinicians and all members of the care team with a practical, comprehensive, clinically relevant summary of the discipline. The manual’s emphasis on minimally invasive procedures allows for shorter healing times and improved outcomes.
Clinically essential information is presented in five convenient sections…
1) Core Knowledge in SHD Intervention
2) Specialized Skills for the Interventionalist/Surgeon
3) Closure of Congenital and Acquired Defects in Adults
4) Transcatheter Therapy for Valvular Disease
5) Additional Specialized SHD Interventions
This practical resource includes…
• Abundant, high quality images present anatomical complexities and diversity
• Interactive 3-D graphics use the latest technology to guide critical interventions.
• Global perspectives from expert contributors detail the latest tools and techniques.
• Concise, practical presentation emphasizes the most clinically relevant information.
• Coverage of transcatheter mitral valve repair helps readers perfect their technique.
• Companion website with full text and interactive PDF’s on Aortic Stenosis, Atrial Septal Defect, and Left Atrial Appendage
• Chapter on how to establish and credential a SHD program helps promote best practices.