ASIN : B08YJXDJ3Q
An essential survey of the advancing field of transcatheter mitral valve repair and replacement
Minimally invasive transcatheter therapies have revolutionized the treatment of structural heart disease. Greatly improving outcomes for higher-risk patients, transcatheter aortic valve replacement is now established as a safe and effective alternative to invasive surgery. The mitral valve, however, poses further challenges. Contending with one of the heat's most anatomically and pathologically complex components, practitioners and engineers have yet to perfect a stream-lined, widely deliverable therapy - though they are getting closer and closer to this goal.
Transcatheter Mitral Valve Therapies provides a far-reaching survey of the field of mitral interventions in its current state. Highlighting the stumbling blocks preventing transcatheter mitral valve replacement's widespread adoption, the book's international group of contributors discuss the improvements to be made in repair and replacement procedures, as well as the adjunctive use of imaging and pharmacologic therapies. This ground-breaking text:
* Provides detailed explanations of transcatheter repair, transcatheter replacement, and adjunctive procedures
* Features chapters on the use of imaging to aid in patient selection, procedure planning, and intra-operative guidance
* Discusses the importance of minimally invasive approaches for mitral valve repair
* Examines anticoagulation following transcatheter mitral valve interventions
* Outlines the possible future of transcatheter mitral valve therapy
Transcatheter Mitral Valve Therapies is an important, up-to-date resource for interventional cardiologists, as well as all clinical researchers and practitioners seeking information on this vital and developing treatment.