Publisher : CRC Press
ISBN-10 : 0367701448
ISBN-13 : 978-0367701444
Ceramic and Specialty Electrolytes for Energy Storage Devices, Volume II, investigates recent progress and challenges in a wide range of ceramic solid and quasi-solid electrolytes and specialty electrolytes for energy storage devices. The influence of these electrolyte properties on the performance of different energy storage devices is discussed in detail.
• Offers a detailed outlook on the performance requirements and ion transportation mechanism in solid polymer electrolytes
• Covers solid-state electrolytes based on oxides (perovskite, anti-perovskite) and sulfide-type ion conductor electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries followed by solid-state electrolytes based on NASICON and garnet-type ionic conductors
• Discusses electrolytes employed for high-temperature lithium-ion batteries, low-temperature lithium-ion batteries, and magnesium-ion batteries
• Describes sodium-ion batteries, transparent electrolytes for energy storage devices, non-platinum-based cathode electrocatalyst for direct methanol fuel cells, non-platinum-based anode electrocatalyst for direct methanol fuel cells, and ionic liquid-based electrolytes for supercapacitor applications
• Suitable for readers with experience in batteries as well as newcomers to the field
This book will be invaluable to researchers and engineers working on the development of next-generation energy storage devices, including materials and chemical engineers, as well as those involved in related disciplines.