Publisher : CRC Press
ISBN-10 : 1138032611
ISBN-13 : 978-1138032613
ASIN : B08ZSQNH2P
This comprehensive handbook gives a fully updated guide to lasers and laser technologies, including the complete range of their technical applications. The first volume outlines the fundamental components of lasers, their properties, and working principles.
• Offers a complete update of the original, bestselling work, including many brand-new chapters.
• Deepens the introduction to fundamentals, from laser design and fabrication to host matrices for solid-state lasers, energy level diagrams, hosting materials, dopant energy levels, and lasers based on nonlinear effects.
• Covers new laser types, including quantum cascade lasers, silicon-based lasers, titanium sapphire lasers, terahertz lasers, bismuth-doped fiber lasers, and diode-pumped alkali lasers.
• Discusses the latest applications, e.g., lasers in microscopy, high-speed imaging, attosecond metrology, 3D printing, optical atomic clocks, time-resolved spectroscopy, polarization and profile measurements, pulse measurements, and laser-induced fluorescence detection.
• Adds new sections on laser materials processing, laser spectroscopy, lasers in imaging, lasers in environmental sciences, and lasers in communications.
This handbook is the ideal companion for scientists, engineers, and students working with lasers, including those in optics, electrical engineering, physics, chemistry, biomedicine, and other relevant areas.